Centrelink is the Commonwealth Government's service delivery agency for pensions and benefits, Families Assistance Office and Jobs Gateway.
Subject to eligibilty, financial and employment assistance is given to members of the Australian community who are unemployed, sick, disabled or have family or caring responsibilities or who are studying.
- 143 Walker St, Townsville / PO Box 1709 Townsville 4810 - self-service centre. Access through internet and telephone only, no advice or information given.
- 307 - 311 Ross River Rd Aitkenvale / PO Box 906 Aitkenvale 4814 - Employment, Youth, Student, Disabilty Services, Parenting and Child Care Services
- Cnr Hervey Range Rd & Kern Brothers Dr, Thuringowa Central (Willows) / PO Box 1140 Aitkenvale 4814 - Retirement and Carer Services
Customer Contact Numbers:
- 1800 132 317 Abstudy
- 13 27 17 Carer payment & carer allowance, disability support Pension, Mobility allowance & sickness allowance
- 13 12 02 Multilingual Phone Service
- 13 61 50 Jobs, education & training, Family Tax Benefit, Parenting Payment, Child Care Benefit, Double Orphan Pension, Baby Bonus, Maternity Immunization Allowance
- 13 28 50 Exceptional circumstances relief help, widow allowance, newstart allowance, Special benefit and employment services provider and migrant assurance of support
- 1800 136 380 Indigenous Services
- 13 23 18 Isolated Children Assistance
- 13 23 00 Seniors Services - Age Pension, Pensioner Concession Cards, bereavement assistance, widow B pension, wife pension, commonwealth seniors health card
- 13 23 07 Online services
- 13 24 90 Youth allowance, Austudy, pensioner education supplement, low income health care card
- 1800 810 586 Teletypewriter Service (Hearing/Speech Impaired)
- 132 468. Welfare Rights Service; Job Services Australia; Family Assistance Offices.
- To save you time, you can refer to recorded information about our payments and services on 132 468
NOTE: The North Townsville Community Hub is a Centrelink access point - see separate entry.